Media creation task: 4x15 second advertisements
Now comes the time for my first independent media creation task.
I will be doing four 15-second adverts for a sci-fi television series called "Wrong place, Wrong Time", alongside this I will make a behind the scenes interview to promote the series.
The idea I have had is a space explorer who is marooned on an alien planet by a leader of a space cult who wishes to create a black hole and destroy the planet, all alone on the planet - he must find a way to defeat them with his wits and survival skills.
To create this I will need a minimum of two characters: the Explorer (played by my brother Anton) and The Cultist leader (played by me) and maybe some miscellaneous henchmen for some scenes.
The four ads will be:
1. "Marooned": In this one the Explorer will introduce himself and explain The Cultist's plot
2. "Zealot": In this we get narration from the Cultist Leader over footage from the show
3. "Crash": The ship is shown to be crashing as the pilot sends out a distress signal
4. "Spiral": The two men meet up as explosions happen in the background and fight
However I have also had an idea for a horror series about an exorcist - this can be my plan B
After much deliberation I have decided to pick the sci-fi series as I have much more passion for it.
I have also decided on a new plan B - to do an two thirty second ads taking place in the universe of The Matrix - the benefits of this being that it will be easier and simpler to produce as less overtly sci-fi elements are needed and I can make the ads longer. However I have not put as much thought into this idea and do not quite know where it may go. To better be able to produce this if I decide on this I shall watch the Matrix over the Christmas holidays so I can get it just as it is in the movie
Comments
Post a Comment